Register
Topics without answer
Topic Replies Last Post
Who's Online
16 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Stories)

Members: 0
Guests: 16

more...
[WPC] Wolf Pack Clan Forum Index
   [PUBLIC] General Chit Chat
     lets see your gaming setup!
Register To Post

| Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Xenomorph
Posted on: 2014/7/19 10:01

Re: lets see your gaming setup!
Ok here's some more pc case airflow standards for ya to make things easier :)

front inlets: main air inlet position: allways has to be dustfiltered.

bottom inlet: optional inlet position: allways has to be dustfiltered, does not work well with carpet at all.

side panel inlet: optional inlet position: allways has to be dustfiltered, becomes a huge supply hole for dust into the case.

Rear + top outlets: main outlet positions: should never be dustfiltered to make hot air go out as easy as possible.
You should leave the dustfilters in place if you do no use the top outlets tho, so the other fans can build up pressure and push the hot air out the back.

This is what my sidepanel mounted radiator fans looked like after a year:

Click to see original Image in a new window
This is why i stepped away from the sidepanel fan idea since it only seems to work in a negative way.
The way i got my fans now with just the front, rear and top fans installed it has been the cleanest case i've ever had.
Thats aslo why i recommend cases with windows instead of fan positions, so you wont be able to create this problem and you can also see your parts as well so it's not just hidden in a metal box.

----------------
Infinite creativity!!!

Am_Gers2k11
Posted on: 2014/7/20 15:02

Yh, I get where you're coming from. The 500r is more a contender because its described as one of the best airflow cases available (even ignoring the side fan), whilst I like the look of the 730T a lot as well. Not fussed about a window, since my CPU cooler isn't exactly a looker

Taking another look at the enthoo pro as well. Not as keen on its styling, but being one of the best cases available does help get past that.

----------------

Xenomorph
Posted on: 2014/7/20 23:00

Yeah picking the case that ticks all the boxes can be a pain in the rear.
Keep in mind tho that the money you are willing to spend on some of the full tower cases,
you can allmost buy a good mid tower from and get a Corsair H80 / H100 CPU watercooler with it.
Since CPU's are one of two of the biggest heat creators in a case that might be another alternative as well.

On top of that, air heatsinks can be made a feature as well as i'm planning to do with Missmorph's air cooler.
Going to stick another purple fan on that so it runs in push pull and has matching purple lights.

Also about the window tho, you minght not think what you have is worthy showing, but future upgrades will.
May sound wierd but since i got the window and the lighting in it i sometimes actually just sit
and look at all the parts and how they are in ther exactly how i wanted them to be.

You will know what i mean when you reach that same point tho ;)

----------------
Infinite creativity!!!

Am_Gers2k11
Posted on: 2014/7/22 7:06

Yh, I'm kind of reluctant to go the Water cooler route, as to get one comparable to my current Air cooler, I'd need a 240mm radiator at least. Which, when I looked at mid towers (actually found the CM N600 to be not too bad looking, especially for the price), they would only support 120mm.

But I had never thought about using my Air cooler as the feature item inside. I sort of did it when I used to have LED strips, by having 2 colours that met to form a line on the Coolers outer edge, which looked cool. But that wasn't intentional.

Now I've made my decision, as I'm one for gradual upgrades, as I just find it fun buying parts and fitting them, and decided on a case that allows me the scope to get it how I would like in the future, whilst looking good now. A white 760T, its actually on sale at my local store for the next few weeks, down to $150 instead of $250. Has room to upgrade, and plenty of standard features I love. Frankly, it's gonna look pretty great. The stock White fans in the front, with Red on the Cooler. Over time I'm looking at adding Purple in the top, a new PSU with Red cabling, H110 mounted in the top. Pretty sure that when all's said and done, I won't be able to stop staring at that huge window .

Stand by for build pics in a few weeks as I put it together Phase 1

----------------

Xenomorph
Posted on: 2014/7/22 20:07

Lol i didnt think you would make the step to a windowed white case in the end but nice pick tho :)
I' wouldent fall for the from 250 to 150 thing tho since this case started around 160 when it got launched.
Clearly a selling trick of that local shop of urs, but at least the price they offer now sounds like a good deal.

As for the watercooling part, i to didn't believe in it at first that it could safely work and all.
Then when i had it in the case and noticed how much more silent it was and how way lower the temps ware it pretty much became the standard.

About the LED (fans) part, you will find out that you want to stick to one color for all eventually.
It all gets clear over time tho once you swapped and changed stuff around a couple of times.

When it comes to a new PSU you might as well go for a Corsair one and get the sleeved cables they offer: scroll down!
Personally i'd go for white cables to match the case, since red tends to look "old" over time. (hence my switch from red to white LED's).
White cables go well with the case and would work with any mobo upgrade you might do in the future :)
Other decent (!)PSU brands will work to with these seperate cables: Bitfenix Alchemy cables

Hope this helps!

Looking forward to the pics tho so bring em on! :)

----------------
Infinite creativity!!!

Am_Gers2k11
Posted on: 2014/7/23 2:24

Haha, well this is probably the only white windowed case I would consider, it just looks so good. And since there was such a discount, I could hardly say no. Remember, it's Australian Dollars, not US, AU$180 usually gets the 730T, we always get the higher prices over here.

Watercooling is on my list for the future, just that I only got the Air Cooler in December, so its not that old really.

A Corsair PSU with their cable kits was actually the plan I had. I'll see how the colours go, I think I have an idea of how it will look, but only when I put it together can I know for sure. Though, I'm not going to pick up any LED strip systems, since I've not had the best of experiences working with them in the past (not sticking, and blown a couple of cables on start up). So with it all being Fan LEDs, the colours should be more separated (hopefully).

----------------

Am_Gers2k11
Posted on: 2014/8/1 5:01

It's that time of the month guys! PHOTO TIME!!!!

The old shell, that'll be put to use in my brothers build in a few days.

Finished article.

My first time managing cables! Not too shabby if I may say so myself. The back is a different story though...

Had a fair few useless cables to deal with, which will be cleared up over time, thankfully this side is black

Finished abode, didn't think it'd be this big, but at least the cats can't jump on top of it anymore, hehe. Also picked up an SSD to install when I reinstall windows this weekend.

There was meant to be a couple more photos, showing the box and SSD together, and Work in progress images, but my phone appears to have forgotten them :/

----------------

Tic
Posted on: 2014/8/1 13:45

I love that case I was hoping to do a new build a bit ago and it was a toss up between that and the CM stryker, but decided to wait untill next year for x99 and ddr4 etc.

Yeah my 600t is huge aswell, wont fit under any normal desk, luckly i had to make my own desk any way, but its so easy to cable manage

----------------

Xenomorph
Posted on: 2014/8/1 21:52

Well done m8 :)
Kinda a shame not to put it ON the desk against the wall so you can see all the hard work you did?
Might want to give that a go, saves a bunch in collecting dust as well since carpet = dust.

Those white corsair fans work pretty well on that case as well so good pick :)
Now you have a good base that you can slowly upgrade over time :)

What SSD did you get btw?
Don't forget you might need to set the SATA to AHCI mode in the bios to get it detected.

If you got any questions just let me know :)

EDIT: small detail, the CPU cooler is upside down hehe.
See those plastic strips on the left side in the metal ribs? thats what they want you to place the fans against against vibrations.
It will work just fine as it is tho, as long as you got you fans pointing the right way :)

----------------
Infinite creativity!!!

Am_Gers2k11
Posted on: 2014/8/2 2:17

@ Xeno Haha, that might be from when we first installed it backwards so we had some airflowing through it.

And I didn't pick up any fans actually, it comes withwhite front ones as standard, I've just harvested the 140mm white corsair fan I had in the front of my old case for the exhaust.

Picked up a HyperX 3k 240GB, it was cheap for the size($150 AUD), supports TRIM and that was all I really needed. Currently updating windows and the like, as I can finally get a clean install on this PC for once. Not sure if it's set to AHCI, but I managed to get it to work through Disk Management, so should be fine.

I wish I could put it on my desk, but its not the biggest of desks, however, don't worry, I'll spend plenty of time ogling it in the near future

@Tic, It's got a bit of space under my desk, but I can barely get my hand in to reach the point to remove the top plate (think I'll leave it on till I get the cooler, temps are just fine right now). Didn't expect it to be almost twice the width of my old case though

----------------

« 1 ... 46 47 48 (49) 50 »
| Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic |

Register To Post

[WPC] Discussions
Forum Topic Replies Views Last Post
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat I keep seeing WPC and I miss it dearly. 0 7242 2020/4/24 6:52 Blitzkrieg
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Just passing by. 0 8749 2020/3/11 23:35 Weeperr
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat I Miss You Guys 2 11531 2020/1/26 5:06 Webley
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Whats up Family 4 21008 2018/7/20 23:37 Helldome
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Hello from Solo    [1][2] 13 52975 2018/1/11 23:37 LordDean
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat WHAT UP YALL    [1][2] 12 66016 2017/7/24 14:57 Zeeky
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat lets see your gaming setup!    [1][2][3]..................[50] 498 442984 2017/5/7 22:52 Helldome
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Post you Art....    [1][2][3]...............[9] 84 128208 2017/5/7 22:51 Helldome
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Tribute to all WPC Members old and new!    [1][2][3][4] 32 153436 2017/5/7 22:46 Helldome
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOODY 4 38368 2016/12/25 21:56 RenownedWolfman
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Happy New Year! 5 41342 2016/12/25 21:55 RenownedWolfman
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Admin Applications? 3 35994 2016/12/16 5:26 theblade009
[PUBLIC] Applications & Recruitment CorkyT's Application 1 26520 2016/12/16 5:24 theblade009
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Happy Birthday Buzz!!!! 2 30946 2016/12/16 5:18 theblade009
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Wolf Pack Clan Application 9 49028 2016/12/16 5:17 theblade009
[PUBLIC] Games GTA 5 cars 1 27839 2016/2/20 0:33 Buzz
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEBLEY!! 1 32568 2016/1/17 15:09 Tic
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat Merry Christmas !!!!! 1 31683 2015/12/25 22:07 Buzz
[PUBLIC] General Chit Chat HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO TIC!!!! 2 32673 2015/11/29 18:40 Oaksy
Killing floor Killing Floor 2 servers    [1][2] 11 68453 2015/11/29 17:17 Buzz